Our physiatry expert diagnoses and treats musculoskeletal problems using proven methods and the latest non-surgical techniques. We develop a comprehensive program of physical medicine and rehabilitation to help you get back to living life pain free as quickly as possible.
What is Physiatry?
Physiatry is the practice of medicine concerned with physical pain and rehabilitation. It concentrates on prevention and treatment of acute or chronic conditions causing some level of disability. Physiatrists treat patients of all ages with diverse problems ranging from simple low back sprains to complex disorders, such as spinal cord injury.
At BMP, we concentrate on the treatment of the whole person, not just the particular area of pain. We work as a team with other specialists including physical therapists, occupational therapists, rheumatologists & orthopedic doctors to bring together all the care you need to give you the highest quality of life possible.
Our Physiatry department specializes in:
- Diagnosing and treating pain
- Restoring maximum function lost through injury, illness or disabling conditions
- Treating the whole person, not just the problem area
- Providing non-surgical treatment options
- Assistive devices and orthotics
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Stroke, amputations, and neurologic injury patient care
- Nutritional evaluation and counseling
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy